Sunday, October 7, 2007

This Week...

So... nothing much has happened this week.
I had my first ante-natal appointment on Tuesday.
Blob is growing well and has a good strong heart beat.
Upon hearing it Ruthie's mouth dropped open. Later, when she was asked what it sounded like she said "It sounded like an Aeroplane"
They confirmed that i am 17 weeks which is awesome coz it means i'm nearly halfway there!!!
Although, to look at me, u'd probably just tell me that ab crunches work really well for that area LOL

I suppose the only other event this week has been the departure of Tia Sylvia who came to visit from Chile for 6 months.
It sounds like a long time, but it seems like only yesterday that we were at my dad's house waiting for them to arrive from the airport after picking her up.
Dad came over on Thursday night (as Mat and Daniel were going to stay over while they went to drop her off at Sydney Airport) and all was well until it came time to say goodbye.
First was Gerry, that was all ok, emotions were kept under control, thanx were given to Gerry for being so attentive with her and that was it.
Next was Alf... They hugged and then it looked as if Alf went to pull away, but she pulled him right back in, hehe, that's when the tears started. No! Not from Alf! From Tia Sylvia!
At this point, Gerry pointed out that
"No one cries for me! And i was the one who used to pick her up every weekend! No one ever cries for the black man!"
Then, she hesitantly came over to me. Not because she didn't like me, but because i was her favourite LOL Her Pilito!
My dad called out "Somebody better get the box of tissues for these two!"
We hugged and she started crying again, telling me to look after myself and that she'd call as soon as she'd arrived.
I would like to point out that i was not crying, nor did i have tears in my eyes contrary to what everyone expected, which was weird because if u ask anyone who knows me, i cry over everything!!
She gave Ruthie a big hug and kiss goodbye and that was it.

Later that night while lying in bed, Gerry said
"Your dad's house is gonna go back to being boring again... Remember what it was like before your aunty got here? We'd go over and read the newspapers to pass the time, then your dad would go to work and leave us with the kids. Your aunty's not gonna be there anymore."




So that was my week... Sorry my first post was so long, but at least u killed some time.

So, until next time... Peace out!!!!

2 comments:

Carolina said...

I like it, i like it... maybe make the main picture up the top a bit smaller so my dial up can take it but over all i like it :) And as for interesting Gerry's comments will always make like rather interesting LOL!

Anonymous said...

it's sick. :P
you have to keep going with this one but, don't abandon it like your msn space...! :D